Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday June 17

Today was grocery shopping and laundry day. I think I have finally figured out the laundry machine. It is like the one we had in London. Small,washer and dryer combined. We have to take a taxi to get groceries at Carrfour. It is kind of like Walmart. Has everything. The grocery store is in Tower 4 of the Suntec Center mall. It was the first time I had been to the mall and it was not packed with people. They are great consumers here. We saw Jeff's office today and met with our director who just arrived. Then we thought of Jeff's Mom as we ate at Chopsticks. She likes that restaurant in Brandon. Here they served what appeared to be kind of rotisserie chicken along with the standard sides of noodles, rice, dumplings etc. It was pretty good. We were finishing up dinner and Dylan was looking out the window and started saying something I did not understand. I asked him what? I don't understand you and he signed helicopter and pointed out the window. We went to look and it was several of the double blade military helicopters carrying a flag of Singapore. Then fighter jets soared over us. We are on the 54th floor so we had a pretty good view. But we could not see around the building as we saw more helicopters doing a little show so we went outside and saw the planes again. We finished the evening with the kids playing on the playground. A nice evening. Tomorrow we are heading out to Pasir Ris. It is a park with supposedly a great playground. We will go all the way to the end of the green line and hop a bus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast seeing everything. You won't have missed much by the time you come home! Exciting times! Mom