Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sunday June 14

Sunday June 14, 2009
Well, I did get the power turned back on in the apt. I had to find maintenance to figure out where the breaker box was but they were very nice and came and showed it to me and flipped it back on. Last night we ate at the mall food court. All of the major grocery stores are in the malls. It is quite different to me to be walking down the mall with bags with groceries. Charley had great trouble with jet lag last night at the mall and kept feeling like he was going to throw up so it was not a very pleasant experience. The food court was all asian and Indian but we did not have too much time to explore because of Charley’s problem. Thankfully the lady we met while we were trying to eat something was able to tell us where the grocery store was. Malls here are between 5 and 15 stories high. We finally made it back and we were all in bed by 7pm, unfortunately that meant Dylan and I were up having yogurt and milk at midnight and all of us were up at 3 am. We tried to go back to sleep but finally around 4 I got up and made eggs and bread for breakfast. The older boys and I went to the gym and then Jeff went as well. Dylan went down for a nap around 8 and was up by 9:30. At this time we headed out for the day.
Today we went to Orchard Rd which is a famous shopping area with brands such as Mont Blanc, Cartier and all the other high named places. Along with this there is of course plenty of non-high named spots. We ate at a little side street Chinese place. I had fried rice, some kind of green veggie similar to Bok Choy and chicken. Jeff had noodles and spicy pork. Dylan and Kyle shared our plates and Charley had the peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had made from home. The total cost for both meals (lots of food) and drinks was $10. (about $7 us) We thought it was great! We also stopped and got some fruit drinks along the way. Banana shakes and lemon drink. Later we stopped at yet another mall and the boys went into McDonalds while I went into a bread store. The pastries were wonderful!! Thankfully we have to walk miles around the town because we will be 50 lbs heavier if we keep this up!!
It was great fun though. We took the subway/MRT to and from and Dylan loved the train. The boys are getting and education on how to read the maps and move quickly and stay together. We came back to the hotel and went swimming. We then planned to take a short nap and get up. 3 hours later I got up….I am still in the process of trying to get everyone else up. I am having a hard time! Looks like another hard night. We had thought of going to church today but I am hoping the jet lag will subside by next Sunday!!

No comments: