Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday June 20

What a long day today was! We were headed to the HSBC Tree top walk at the MacRichie Reservoir. We took a cab and I told him to go to the car park. Well, he took us to the car park but I did not realize it was the wrong one until it was too late....so our 2 hour walk turned into a 5 hour trek through the rain forest of Singapore. It really was interesting. We saw lots of wild monkeys and finally made it to the tree top walk, which I must say was disappointing after 3 hours of hiking!!! It might have looked great after 1 but after three I needed shock and awe!! It was pretty high and it was neat, but like I said, we were a bit tired by that point. Thankfully I had brought enough water for us to make it through!!

We were exhausted at the end but no one really complained about the walk. Just tired. I think we are done with hiking now though....we can go back to the city life of the subway and the bus.

No comments: