Monday June 15, 2009
Last night I couldn’t get anyone up so after an hour of trying I went back to bed also. Dylan got up several times during the night but we were able to coach him back to sleep. This morning about 4 am K and C got up. That means they slept straight through from 3:30 pm to 4 am. That is a long sleep! We all got up and had breakfast and K,C and I went to the gym. There were several people in there this morning. Jeff will be going to work today for a little while to get the keys etc. I am having great trouble getting on the internet, so I will probably update several days at once>
Jeff went to work today so the boys and I went to Jarong Bird Park. On the way there I saw that there was a Chinese Garden so we hopped off the MRT and went to the park. It was a Chinese garden on one side and a Japanese garden on another. It was very hot and I had only brought one bottle of water. The gardens were beautiful though. We took lots of pictures. It then rained on us which actually helped with the temperature and we headed back on the MRT to the bird park. We had to get off at a bus transit and get on a bus. Thankfully I was able to work the system with little trouble. The bird park was interesting. There were some species I had never seen before. Nevertheless we were all ready to come back to the apt and relax a bit.
We topped off the night going to Boat Quay. I thought we were going to have a nice dinner by the water. What I did not expect was Jeff telling me to lead the way and me being approached every six feet for a 1/2 mile. Come eat here, I give you free drinks and 30 percent off. I suppose this is just the worst situation for someone like me. Many people are surprised to know that I am an introvert but situations like this prove it. By the end of the area I was in tears. Jeff quickly decided we should leave the area and go eat at one of the malls. He needed to get some supplies for his office anyway. Charley again fell asleep at dinner and had to be carried out fo the mall. By the time we got home D was out also, and I was begging Kyle not to fall asleep. No one can carry him up to the 54th floor!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there with the jet lag, everyone will right themselves soon! Sounds like you're doing lots of adventuring!! Enjoying the updates! Julia
Post a Comment