It is hard to believe that another week has gone by. It seems the boys and I are constantly asking...what is today? I guess that is how summer should be!! It seems we just went to church and it is almost time to go again.
Today our journey took us to Snow City. This is located directly beside the Science Center that we previously visited so we knew the route and the bus. Snow City is an interesting place. It is an indoor place with a big snow/ice hill that you go down on a tube. They have a few ice sculptures and a little play area for the young kids. It was very run down. They give you (included in the cost of admission) boots and a jacket but you have to rent gloves. Who brings gloves to Singapore? Anyway, the jackets and boots were torn and not really in good shape. The place could use so major upgrading BUT being from the tropical climate we are from, it was good for an hour of fun...at least for some of us. Charley was NOT into it. He went down the hill once and then proclaimed that he was cold and he was leaving. Unfortunately for this strong willed child, he has a strong willed Momma who just paid a lot of money for him to have fun in this frozen wasteland....After a bit of "conversation" he went down the slide two more times but he was not happy about it. Kyle on the other hand has his jacket half hanging off and a big grin all over his red-cheeked face as he regularly raced up the 50 steps to the top of the hill. I took Dylan down once with me ( I slipped and fell down at the top...I was holding Dylan and had just stepped off the mat to get in the tube and down I went...thankfully we were fine and able to get into the tiny boat tire sized tube and head down the hill). It was a fun ride but I did not feel safe doing it again with Dylan. (for all the grandmothers, he was wearing a helmet) Dylan loved the hill but at the point that I saw his teeth chattering I decided I could put Charley out of his misery and we could go. Overall, if you are someone that ever sees snow and gets to be in it, then I would not recommend this, but if you never see snow then this may be a good hour of fun.
After Snow City we went and had lunch at McDonalds which seemed to bring everyone back to their normal selves....It tasted the same for the most part. They did have chili sauce as an option to ketchup. No salads, just the main items were available.
We have confirmed our flights to Australia and will be going down under July 4th-11th. We will celebrate both Kyle and my birthdays while we are there! We are going to do a road trip starting in Sydney and then heading to the Blue Mountains, then over to the coast and back down. We hope to visit a cave, a macadamia nut farm and are considering going whale watching...that might be out of our price range though...;-) Of course we will go see Kangaroos and koalas as well!!
Until next time, may God grant you blessings of peace and contentment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment