Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday June 21

Happy Father's Day to the special men in my life!!

We had a relaxing morning. Jeff decided he wanted to go shopping on Orchard Rd which started out slow but quickly picked up traffic. I cannot explain to you all how many people are here shopping. It is like Christmas-time shopping times 10!! or 100 even. You would think the deals are wonderful, but I don't find them to be that amazing. I guess I am not a great buyer of high end names and perhaps that is the problem. I don't recognize the deal. It started raining while we were out so we went underground to the food court and then cut across to another mall. We had a wonderful Father's Day lunch at Pizza Hut. We are quite the explorers!!
We went to church at New Creation Church. We had seen Pastor Joseph Prince on TV in the US and enjoyed it messages so we went to the church. They have 4 services on Sunday and we went to the 5:00. They meet in a (guess where?) yes, a mall!! But they are short on room so the older kids were in a different building and then Dylan was in a storefront preschool place on the same story of the mall. It was all good. They had a person show us around and help us get everywhere and they had reserved seats for us as well in the auditorium so that was nice. The sermon was good and the kids had fun so I think we may head back again.
They are very serious about the H1N1 virus. They took the kids temperatures and we had to pass through heat thermal scanning when we went into the church.....quite different from what I am used too. They also had communion. When you came in you picked up your personal plastic sealed cup with a wafer plastic sealed on the top. Very interesting and sanitary for a place that does not typically give you napkins!!

No comments: