For lunch on Saturday we walked across the street to one of the oldest buildings in Singapore. It has been turned into a hawker station (food court) so we went there for lunch. After our meal we went to get drinks and saw some desserts. Ice Kacang is a dessert that is served here in Sing and in Malaysia. There is a bowl and in the bottom of the bowl was jello bits, red beans and corn. On top of that is 6 inch volcano of ice. Around the sides of the ice there are several different snow cone flavors added to the ice and then on top they put more beans. I did not have my camera so I did not have a picture. It actually looks better than the picture I uploaded and it tasted quite good until you got to all the veggies! Jeff and Kyle shared a Mango ice which had the same ingredients in the bottom along with Lychee fruit and then mango syrup poured over the ice and mango ice cream on top. The Kacang was $1.80 and I think the Mango was $2. A great deal in my book. In the afternoon we went out to Sim Lim City. This is a mall that has all computer stuff in it. Geek heaven! 6 stories high filled with computer stuff. Charley's DS broke and we are hoping that the guy we gave it to will fix it for us. He said he thought it was the internal power supply. On the way to Sim Lim we went through the Bugis Market. It was like a flea market but they had huge feed size bags full of different items, mushrooms, dried fish, etc. Jeff pointed out that it smelled like the Dover feed store (which it did) but this was human food!! They had tons of street vendors so we weaved our way in and out of the crowds. Jeff stopped and got us some ice cream sandwiches. This is also different in Singapore. The ice cream is about 1 1/2 inches thick by4 inches wide. The guy cuts it and then puts in into a piece of colored bread...I was skeptical when I read about it before we went but I must say it was quite yummy. Jeff got the mango and the chocolate chip and then went back for another chocolate chip. They were only $1 each. Great fun!
Due to all the fun with the ice Kacang and ice cream sandwiches I got up and did 4 miles this morning on the elliptical and treadmill. I did not get any pictures of the ice kacang so we know we will have to go do that again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment