We got a late start this morning and headed out to Singapore Zoo. We took the MRT to Ang Mo Kio and were supposed to get on a bus. We got out and must have come out the wrong exit because I could not find the bus station or anything that said bus interchange this way. Eventually I saw the buses across the street but there was a big construction wall up and we had to walk two blocks down to get around it. One thing about Singapore is that it seems everything is under construction. Another thing to understand is that it is very humid here and 10 minutes outside and your clothes are soaked with sweat (pretty picture huh?) Anyway, we FINALLY found the bus station and it was inside a mall! (yay for AC)The nice part about it being in a mall is that we were able to get a nice cool drink. They have lots of fruit juice drinks. These had Boba in the bottom. They are big tapioca pearls that taste like gummy bears. You drink with a big straw and suck them up with your drink and then chew them up.
So after a bit we were cooled back down and found our bus and stood in line for that. It took a while but we eventually arrived at the zoo. It was nice. At one point we saw monkeys just running around freely in the zoo (digging in the trash). They were not into people but probably would have grabbed any food we had out of our hands. Dylan loved the otters. They were squeaking and he got down close to them and started squeaking. I thought I might buy him a little stuffed one when we left but it cost $59 and I thought that was ridiculous for a stuffed animal!! Charley said he liked the White tigers, mountain lions and lions. Kyle's favorite was the monkeys. We were all happy to leave due to several hours in the heat. I stopped in at the store to buy them a drink and a snack. There are so many places here that do not take credit cards! It is such a pain to always have cash with you. We finished the day relaxing at home and eating dinner here.
I think we may be changing our vacation plans. After talking to several Malaysians with children, I think we are going to go to Australia instead of Malaysia. I was talking to my dad before we left and told him it was 8 hours away and he made the great point that what is 8 hours compared to 30! Of course it is winter there so we are a bit short on those clothes but I think we can make do. The boys said they are happy to go somewhere where it is cooler!! lol We are exporing this seriously I have found a great flight on Malaysia air.....we will see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We miss you, but I vote for Australia so you can enjoy cooler weather for all of us. It is in the mid- 90s here with heat indexes in the low 100s. HOT!!
Post a Comment