Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sentosa and the Merlion




Well today was the first day we have been in Singapore that it rained almost all day. It was raining this morning when we got up and typically the rain here is like Florida, it rains for a little while and it is gone. We decided that we would go to Sentosa Island. Sentosa island is the "place to go"in Singapore for kids. The beaches are there and they have many activities to do. I thought we would go to Underwater World since it was inside and we could check out the island. I knew that the entrance to Sentosa was at Vivo City mall at the end of the line. But I got confused and we went to the end of the red line (one stop) instead of the end of the purple line on the MRT. So, we eventually found our way. We walked around the island and saw lots of nice things. They had a giant Merlion there. The Merlion is the symbol of Singapore...it is half mermaid and half lion. We also stopped by the beach, the kids loved that but after standing in the rain for 15 minutes I decided I was tired of that and we needed to go!!
In the evening we went to a Sushi restaurant. It was great fun. They had a conveyer belt that went around and we picked off what plates we wanted as it went by our table. Kyle especially liked it. Charley liked it but could not eat much and Dylan liked the corn roll. I really enjoyed it also. I had never really eaten much Sushi and I liked it. For dessert they served us frozen stawberries with cream in the middle and some kind of blue chalk looking tiny frozen donut. If you could get past the blue chalk effect it was ok, but I did not feel the need to have a second one!!
Afterwards we took a nice walk by the river and saw the Merlion that started it all! It was a fun evening.

No comments: