On Thursday we went to Pasir Ris Park. It was supposed to have one of the best playgrounds in the city. We went to the end of the green line and then took a bus, it took us to the edge of Singapore. The park was nice but it was so hot and humid that after about an hour we were all melting and decided to head back. They had a little beach there but you could not swim due to high levels of bacteria. We went back to the bus station and walked around the flea market and mall they had there. (I told you they have soooo many malls!). This one was smaller than most at only 5 stories high! We went out to Chinatown last night and met up with Jeff's co-worker. I liked Chinatown. Lots of souvenier shops are good prices. We will go back there before we leave! I got Dylan a cute outfit and Charley got himself what he calls a KungFu Robe! I keep seeing him check himself in the mirror with it on!
We ate at a steamboat restaurant. It is kind of like a fondue restaurant but with meat and soups. There are two soups, chicken and very spicy. The bowl with the soups is placed over a flame in the center of the table and they put in the raw meat and then veggies etc to cook. You pull out the meat and eat it or eat it as a soup. It was a fun experience but I don't feel like I have to do it again. There was only one person in the restaurant that spoke English so that was interesting as well. Nicole is Malaysian and she said she thought the main lady was speaking Mandarin but she could not understand her.
I have not quite decided what we are going to do tomorrow. Either the zoo or the Botanic Gardens. I guess I will ask the kids. I am going to try to upload a few pics. Hopefully I can get them up. Our internet connection still cuts in and out so hopefully it will not kick me off during the process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What great shots. The colors are coming through great. Kids look happy with their adventures! Mom
Post a Comment