Last we met, I beleive I was unsure of our plans for Sunday. We ended up going to Sentosa island. They have a luge there that I thought Jeff and the kids would enjoy. It is a gravity powered car with a brake and steering mechanism. You take a skyride up to the top of a hill and then drive your way through the course down. It was fun. After we finished that we rented bikes and toured the island. Charley has really been missing his bike so he was very happy about this. It was a nice tour and we were able to get to see the whole island. We then went out to the southernmost point of Asia. Jeff and the boys ended up jumping in the water with their clothes and having a great time while I stayed with sleeping Dylan in a shady spot. We needed to get groceries so Jeff was able to find a store selling clothes and we bought a few dry things for them all to wear. It was a wonderful day out at the beach.
Yesterday (Tuesday) we were invited to a High School rugby game and then to dinner with Kwai Yuen and her family. She is the realtor that helped us get our apartment. They have three boys, ages 14, 12 and 7. The boys had great fun playing together and are hoping to get together again. They served us a wonderful Asian dinner with a little something for everyone. They had fish, tandoori chicken, sweet and sour pork, rice (of course),beans, broth with corn and pork and they also had fried chicken which I promise you I would have thought I was eating at home....everything was so good! It was so nice of them to have us over. After that huge meal they also had dessert for us, mango, orange slices and a sweet ball with sesame or peanut in it. Jeff loved the mango and I have to agree that it was much better than anything we have had at home.
Today Jeff is in Malaysia. I think he has about 4 appointments set up. He left early this morning (5am) and will be returning late tonight (11pm). We are trying to make contacts in the region that will lead to future growth here.
It is hard to beleive we just have one week left here. Time does go by quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope to see you soon! Your trip seems so exciting!
Post a Comment