Sunday, July 5, 2009

G'Day Mate




Happy Independence Day to all my American Friends and Family!

We made it to Australia! We arrived on the 3rd and drove to our hotel in the Blue Mountains. We arrived to our nice room and went into town to Target to get some warm clothes. It is freezing here (it is winter here) and we did not pack cold weather clothes for Singapore. What we did not know is that in this Mountain town everything closes down at 4pm on Saturday!! What in the world??? 4:00?? So we did not get any clothes. So this morning we had our free continental breakfast...I talked Jeff and Kyle into trying Vegemite. Too bad I did not have my camera because I don't think they will do that again!! Breakfast was nice...cereal!!! yay!! Toast yay!!! Easy access to milk and juice yay!!! The Australian Today Show was on...I almost felt like I was at home again. This is my third trip to Australia and I have always said if there was another country in the world that I had to live it would be Australia.

We finally made it Target (Big hurrah for Target!) and got clothes for the boys and we were off to the Blue Mountains. We were very happy for our warm clothes! We needed all the hats, jackets and gloves that we bought! We went to Scenic World which takes you on a skyride over the Mountain, a Cableway ride over the mountains and a trip on the World's Steepest railway. There were great views and with a few walks in between in was a very pleasant day. We ate at the Cafe at the railway. I was so happy to get a pie. Here is Australia, they have different kinds of meat pies. They are kind of like pot pies but are eated kind of like a sandwich so they are not runny. The dough is quite flaky. I also ordered a BLT and Ham and Cheese Sandwich and the boys thought that was delicious.
Dinner was another Aussie favorite...fish and chips! It was excellent as well, but I must say I am stuffed. Tomorrow is my birthday (and I must add in a very happy birthday to my brother Scott!! (we have the same birthday 3 years apart!)) Happy birthday Bro~ We are headed to the Jenolen caves. Our whole family is fascinated with caves so it should be great fun. Internet was included in our stay at this hotel but I hear that it is not at most hotels so I am not sure when I will be on again. We leave here tomorrow morning. See you next time!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERENA!!