We have returned!!! London was wonderful. We had such fun with Patty, Michael and Alexander! They were so sweet to put up with us crashing their normal household for a week. We really had a nice time. On the 4th of August (Charley's birthday) we took the chunnel over to Paris. I have to say there were a LOT of tourists there! We had gotten used to everyone being in school in Singapore and that was not the case in London and Paris. The sites were amazing. We saw all of the main sites and even the Lady Liberty. We celebrated Charley's birthday in the park where Lady Liberty was. The Eiffel tower was more amazing than I had imagined it and Notre Dame and the other church (cannot remember how to spell it) were beautiful. It took us a bit to readjust to life here but it is much easier adjusting to home!! Charley said, Mom, I feel like this is not our real home. I asked him what he meant and he said, he felt like it was a place to stay for a little while and we would be moving on again soon!! I assured him we were here for a while...at least until our next trip!! haha We are trying to re-establish our normal pattern...whatever normal may be!!
I went to the grocery store yesterday and was surprised at all the things that I had grown to enjoy while we were away that are not available at Publix. (Just like I was amazed at all the things I could not get while we were away!!)
Well, soon we need to go school shopping for supplies etc....back into the grind of life I suppose. We are very blessed and I love that my children now have great opinions of the world. Thank you all for your prayers as we have been gone! We are so thankful for them. Both Kyle and Charley have been complaining of a sore throat and stuff nose since we returned and I cannot help but grin, knowing how God's blessing has been over us as we have traveled.
I plan to continue to blog but I doubt it will be as exciting as my summer blog!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment