Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trust in Lord

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding....

So many times it seems we are wandering through life unsure of the right things to do. I have put Dylan is preschool this school year and struggled so much with how many days, what hours, how long should I leave him...what a blessing to have those things to wonder about. I am so thankful that I have flexibility with our business. I am thankful to have all these things to wonder about. There always seems to be many "good" choices and sometimes it is just hard to decide what is the best.

In our business it seems there are always things going on....someone is sick, someone is unhappy, someone is not performing to the standards they should be, someone is making the client happy, someone just had a family member die, someone has a family member who is dying....the list goes on and on. How is one supposed to run a business with so many things going on??? Easy I think...Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding...in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight...

How do I parent my children correctly? Am I disciplining the right way? Am I too hard? Am I too soft? Could I do things better????

I got some great advice from the wife and one of our Sunday school teachers....I had asked her how all her kids (she has 4) turned out so well....they are all successful and happy. She just gave me a shy grin and said I" just prayed every day that God would fill the gap between the love they needed and the love I could provide." I have taken this advice with me as my children grow and make this prayer mine now. At some point, the person inside of me who really likes to control the world around her has to realize that she is not in control. Whew! What a relief!

No comments: