.jpg)
Have you ever given much thought to ladybugs? Those annoying bugs that plague our homes, destroy the paint on the bumpers of our cars and are just an overall nuisance twice a year in the south? They don't bite, they are just everywhere. Well, it is lovebug season again and the other day I had a chance to contemplate these little bugs.
What made me ponder these creatures was a lovebug pair on my windshield as I was driving. As I sped up the bug held on tighter. It's poor partner let go early in our trip and was pounding against the windshield. I kept thinking, let go lovebug!! You can fly! Let go!! Your hurting your partner....finally the speed was too great and the bugs flew off the windshield. I could not help but think how much these lovebugs are like us. Our lives are short. Sometimes we find ourselves in situations we don't want to be in and instead of surrendering ourself to the situation we fight with every ounce of our strength because we are more comfortable with what we know than what we do not. If the lovebug on my windshield had let go when we first started to move, it would have easily flown away. But because it had planted its feet on the windshield as the car began to move it fought with all its might to hold on to what it knew. Seemingly it had forgotten it could fly. How often are we so engrossed in what is going on around us that we forget how easy it is for us to raise up above our situation by simply letting go? By trusting that God is allowing us to go through a situation, we can stop fighting through the situation and allow ourselves freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment