Several months ago, Jeff and I went to Las Vegas with some other people from work to a convention. While we were there we all went to see a show. Frank Caliendo was in town. He is a comedian and impersonator. So, it had been a long day and we were standing in line waiting to get in. The guy in front of me was a white husky guy who stood very still and never turned around. I had left a gap in between us because the line to get in was in a walkway. Next thing I know an Indian man walks up with three friends and gets in line in front of me. Being the shy girl I am I asked him what he was doing? He stated that the guy previously in front of me was saving his place. I said, Oh, really? (The guy did not even turn around and say hi to him or even acknowledge him so I wondered if I might be getting a fast one pulled on me). The Indian guy then said very proudly, "before you get upset perhaps you should know who I am..." Well, I have a little pet peeve of anyone who thinks they are better than someone else so again demonstrating my humility and shyness, I tapped on the shoulder of the unmoving man that had been in front of me and asked him "Do you know this guy?" He still stood perfectly still and only moved his face sideways a bit and said, almost teasingly, "hey, yea, aren't you the guy on Parks and Recreation?" Now, I had only seen that show one time, but the unmoving guy looked kind of familiar to me. So, just then the doors opened and 10 more Indian friends joined their partner, with a big sigh and a "go ahead" wave from me. I figured it did not matter anyway, we all had assigned seats.
In we all went and I did not give it a second thought until about a month ago when I was surfing the stations and saw Parks and Recreation on. I think both of those guys are on the show and I have to say, that unfortunately I think Mr. Ansari is a lot like his character. Of course, he would probably say I am rude just to question him and his status!!
So there you have it. My brush with celebrity, I guess every celebrity should keep someone like me around to remind them that they were not always "famous." Sorry Mr. Ansari!!!
http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/photos/gallery#item=110726
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment