Saturday, April 18, 2009
Boys to Men
What a lovely day! Both of the big boys had soccer games around noon today and they both played really hard. Then we came home, ate a quick sandwich and they helped me clean the mold off of the screen on the patio. The both worked really hard AND they worked together AND they didn't complain!! It's on moments like these that I smile and think, maybe I am not such a bad mom, maybe there are some good things that I am teaching them. Of course shortly thereafter the bubble breaks as I have to seperate them as they beat each other with underwater surfboards in the pool...but just for a moment I guess I felt like I got a glimpse of their futures. I think it is those glimpses that give me the hope that the hard work is worth it. Don't get me wrong, overall they are wonderful children, but day to day with three boys (when you are not a boy and don't understand the mind of a boy) can be difficult. Discipline and parenting is work and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. Hopefully one day they will all three grow up to be hard working, compassionate, strong men of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment